Saturday, October 10, 2009

I can blog again! woo!

Well I have neglected this for way too long. Why? Meh, mainly because I could not access blogger in China.
So a recap.

The last few days in Trieste were depressing. I will miss Eva and her family. I miss them even more now :(

We spent most of the last few days with the family. I had so much pizza with them, haha.
The day I left was a sad day. It didnt help that it was POURING rain. Once I got through security, I called eva. She was crying her eyes out. The first week I was in china, she couldn't sleep or eat. I worried about her so much.
--
I arrived in Beijing and stayed there for a few days. It was the fanciest hotel I have ever been in, haha. No seriously, it was ridiculous.
After a few days, my aunt and I went to Sichuan Province, to a city called Chongqing, pronounced Chong-Ching.
My aunt had some business to do there before she retired, so I wandered around the city.
Seriously, Beijing traffic is bad, but if you can drive and survive in Chongqing traffic, then you are GOLDEN for anywhere else...well besides India.
Example. we were going to another part of Sichuan province, and the taxi driver missed the exit to the airport.
So during rush hour traffic, he BACKS UP INTO ON COMING TRAFFIC, and takes the exit.
I swear I thought I was going to die.

We took a trip to Jiuzhaigou Valley, which is in the mountains of Sichuan province. That means we had to drive 10 hours through rocky terrain and uneven roads. We went through the center of the 2008 Sichuan Earthquake. The center of the earthquake was in a town called Wenchuan, and it is still trying to rebuild everything.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
---
Although I was unsure about going to Jiuzhaigou Valley, it was actually quite beautiful...and COLD. The cold was awesome since Sichuan province was extremely hot for mid September.
Of course, I loved the food, nice and spicy!

After Jiuzhaigou Valley and another mountain, it was time to head back to beijing.
I stayed at the same hotel in Beijing. I wandered around the city, buying gifts and eating lots of food. I planned on going to some of the big famous places in beijing, but it was Golden Week.

Oct 1st is Chinese National Day. China's birthday so to speak. But this National Day was special. This was 60 years. Each 10 year interval is always huge. The Chinese citizens get one week of holiday to visit family and things like that.
But that means everyone from the countryside flocks to Beijing and all the Beijing citizens flock to the countryside.

In lamest terms. Beijing was PACKED. it was INSANE. So to save my sanity and my money, I opted out of those places.
I still had a blast.
---
I am currently in Tokyo, I arrived around 5ish.
Tomorrow I will explore! YAY!

I have realized a few things.
1. I will have to live off of rice balls, meat buns and ramen since Tokyo is very expensive.
2. Tokyo Toilets are frakkin awesome! seriously! there is no need for toilet paper!
A control pad is on the side of the toilet. It sprays 2 different jets of water to, ahem, clean the area. Once you are satisfied with your bum, you pat it dry with specific towels. I so want one for my house. haha.
3. I will spend a lot of time on subways, since the places I wish to go are pretty far out, haha.
A huuge aquarium is pretty far away and so it HELLO KITTY LAND!!
That is right! they have a hello kitty land!
I cannot WAIT!
^__^

1 comment:

  1. That all sounds awesome (except the leaving Trieste, that sucks), some day I will travel to Asia! Maybe I'll take you with me, haha. Thanks for the pictures and details!

    ReplyDelete